Our SRTS team stretches across years and schools.
A big thanks to all the families that walk and roll to school! SRTS Team is all our volunteers over the years.
Borough-wide SRTS Team / Working Group
Municipal Safe Routes to School Co-Chairs:
- Donna Zane, Co-Chair, NPMS & Salt Brook (2006 – present)
- Cecile Seth, Co-Chair, NPMS & Allen W. Roberts, (2013 – present). Website. Write Travel Plans.
- Public Safety Officers – Sean Bubb and Mark Pawelek (2019 – present). T.J. Hopper and Steve Drown (2017 – 2018), Joe DiParisi (2013 – 2017)
- New Providence Borough Administrator – Doug Marvin (2015 – present)
- New Providence Police – Theresa Gazaway, Daniel Henn, Michael Hand Justine Kennedy.
The Public Safety Officer is the liaison between each working group and the Borough Administrator.
- AWR Safety Committee Co-Chair
- Amy LePre (2014 – present)
- Ilyse Rogozenski (2014 – present)
- Gina Hansen, Principal, (2013 – present)
- Jessica Malangone, AWR Vice Principal (2013-2015)
- Kelley Fahey, Computer Specialist and Webmaster
- Vinnie & Boz, the Custodians (2013 – present)
- PTA Presidents, Carolyn Glatz, Wendy Sieman, Katie Mangel, Amy LePre
- Parent volunteers –
- Front Circle – David Alfonso, Rebecca Coniglio, Heather Huber, Amy Lepre, Katie Mangel, Anna Rita Falco
- Debbie Bresalier, AWR SRTS & Sustainability Committee, Volunteers Liason
The working group consisted of Principal Hansen, Safety Officer Joe DiParisi, and Theresa Gazaway, Donna Zane, Cecile Seth, and AWR PTA Safety Committee Members
NJ Safe Route to School Silver Boot. SB earned 2015 – 2020
- Safe Routes to School PTA Chair – Kelli Sannicandro (2017 – Present)
- Jeannie Drexinger, Principal (2006-present)
- PTA Presidents – All for the last decade! Including Korin Markel, Jeanne Cook, Kerry Fitzgerald, Officer Dan Henn, Bernadette Cuccaro, and Mary Misiukiewicz.
- Front Circle Volunteers – Kathy Gelormini, Sue Palatini
- Walking School Bus Coordinators – Mindy Posner, Ginger Greene, Donna Zane
The working group consisted of Principal Drexinger, Safety Officer DiParisi, Donna Zane.
- Safe Routes to School PTA Chair – Joanie Agresto (2016 – present) for both schools.
- NPMS – Karin Kidd, Jay Richter, Scott Hough
- NPHS –
- Middle PTA Presidents –
- Rose Wippich (2016 – present),
- Sherry Flaherty (2014 – 2016),
- Diane Rispoli (2013-2014)
2016 SRTS Awards
The working group consisted of Principal Richter, Safety Officer DiParisi, and Donna Zane & Cecile Seth.
SRTS Team receiving 2015 Awards: AWR Silver, SB Silver, NPMS Bronze.
Additional thanks to our Partners
- New Providence Police for sponsoring the Bike Rodeos for as long as any of us can remember!
- Borough Council –
- Help with travel plan goals.
- Pete DeSarno, Sustainability (2018 – present)
- Nadine Geoffrey, Public Safety (2018 – present)
- Al Morgan, Mayor (2015 – present)
- Dr. Rob Robinson, Chair – Community Activities (2015 – 2018)
- Jim Madden, Chair – Engineering & Construction (2015 – 2018)
- Help with travel plan goals.
- – Teacher Tallies and letters of support
- Scott Hough, NPMS School Principal, Assistant Superintendent
- David Miceli, Superintendent
- New Providence School District Board of Education,
- Adam Smith, Chair Facilities & Safety Committees
- James Testa, Board Administration & Superintendent’s Office Teacher Tallies and letters of support
- Andrew R. Hipolit, Borough Engineer
- AWR Front Circle Volunteers (2015 – present)
- TransOptions – for patiently walking us through the Safe Routes to School Program and enthusiastically supporting our programs since 2014.
- Girl Scout Service Unit 50 – For giving patches to every scout that walks the week of a district walk to school day! Their consistent enthusiastic support has been tremendous
- Sports Clubs and Teams – Encourage all players to walk or roll to school at least weekly
- Russ Davidson of Redwood Tree Service for donating $3,500 of security perimeter work around the newly widened AWR Back Path
- Borough’s Senior Intern, Jimmy Evangelos, who made over 350 edits to Google Maps, created our Borough Landmarks map, and painstakingly added all our sidewalks as of the Spring 2016.
Families that walk or roll to or from school are our most important SRTS
Team members and an integral part of our Safe Routes to School Working Group.